Friday, November 5, 2010

Proud to Present: Wearing It Today

I, as well as everyone else who loves fashion, love to look at celebrities and stars dressed up and looking all pretty. But what's more intriguing to me is the behind-the-scenes! Who comes up with these fabulous outfits? What's the stylist like? They must have to love fashion as well, right?

After finding Laura's blog, Wearing It Today, I found that some stylists really are... stylish! Such a surprise, right? Laura is a London-based stylist. Not only does she work on both commercial and editorial projects, but she contributes to Red, one of the UK's biggest selling magazines, as a contributing fashion editor! She is living my life, I swear! She created her blog as a challenge - a way to become more fashion-forward herself and look fabulous in everyday life. I asked her some questions and was delighted to hear back from her this afternoon!

Here goes...

Have you always wanted to be a stylist?
I always knew I wanted to work in fashion, but it was only in my 20's after a work experience for a newspaper, that I found out that my job even existed. Then, becoming a stylist became my mission

What are your tips for starting a career in fashion?
Get your hands dirty, start from the bottom and always show willing.

Name something fashion-wise you wish you could go back and change. Something “oh-god-why-did-I-wear-that?” worthy.
Fake snakeskin, red trousers... Disaster!

What’s your current obsession?
My bridesmaids dresses.

What’s the best advice you’ve been given?
Pick your battles.

What would people be surprised to know about you?
I need to work on my sleepwear.

Here are some of my favorite looks from her blog:

Now, go check out her fantastic blog because it's worth a look and a follow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a cute post!! def. loving her style. :) i'm anew follower! hopw you check mine out&follow if ya like mine.xo

essentially aimee said...

Thank you! Isn't she great? Will do :)

Unknown said...

laura definitely has great style - checking her out now

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged - I appreciate all that are left for me!